Do you know of an upcoming event that should be listed here? Please comment below and we will add it here.
- The 4th International Bee and Hive Monitoring Conference was held online on October 5-9, 2020. The Conference Program, with links to the numerous presentations, is here.
- ABF 2019 held an afternoon panel discussion featuring six colony monitoring or colony management vendors.
- EAS 2018 held a full day track on colony monitoring on Monday, August 13, 2018, in Hampton, VA. For details on the Electronic Hive Monitoring track, see Malcolm Sanford’s article in the American Bee Journal, December 2018. The article is now available here.
- EAS 2017 held a session: New Innovations & Technology. Besides a session on colony monitoring technology, there were sessions on bee gadgets and Varroa tools.
- WAS 2014. The Second International Workshop on Hive and Bee Monitoring was held in Missoula, Montana. Malcolm Sanford documented the workshop in an article for the American Bee Journal. The article is now available here.
- American Honey Producers Association Convention, 2013. Beta-Testing of the Colony Health Scanner. Jerry J. Bromenshenk
- American Bee Research Conference, 2013.
– Audible cues to stress in honey bee colonies. Robert A. Seccomb, Colin B. Henderson, Jerry J. Bromenshenk.
– Decimeter resolution mapping of honey bee positions using Portable Light Detecting and Ranging (LIDAR). Colin B. Henderson, Robert A. Seccomb, Rachel Dickson, Jerry Bromenshenk
– Wiring up the Hive: Sensors and Continuous Monitoring. William G. Meikle.
- EAS 2012. The First International Colony Monitoring Workshop. Six colony monitoring researchers/teams from the US and Europe presented their current colony monitoring devices at an afternoon workshop at the Eastern Apicultural Society’s annual conference. The researchers/teams were: David Atauri, Jerry Bromenshenk and Robert Seccomb, Wayne Esaias, Stephen Engel, Huw Evans and Sandra Evans, and William Meikle.
This event was described in: Linton, F. Hive Monitoring Technology: High-Tech Hives. American Bee Journal. August 2012.